Connecticut Friends School
Connecticut Friends School is a preschool to 8th grade independent day school for children ages 2 to 14 years located on 5 wooded acres in Wilton, CT. We feature:
• Small class sizes and impressive student:teacher ratio at every grade level
• Mixed-aged classrooms
• Emphasis on community building, peaceful conflict resolution
• Ability to customize educational plans
• Serious work in a joyous atmosphere as a result of rigorous, progressive, child centered, experiential curriculum taught by experienced teachers
• Engaged parent body: members of the CFS community are encouraged to volunteer at this small private school
• Beautiful New England campus where a classical education is offered in an idyllic, camp-like setting
• Outdoor education program fostering environmental awareness and a connection to nature
• Outstanding core academics in combination with rich, integrated art and music curriculum
• Foundation of Friends values (“Quaker SPICES”):
Simplicity Peace Integrity Community Equality Stewardship
Our developmentally appropriate, integrated, project-based curriculum, which caters to all learning styles, keeps every child engaged in the learning process.
We believe that every child should feel welcome each day with a warm handshake and smile. Our Head of School and Administrators greet all of our students so they feel a sense of belonging, support and safety. Watch this video to see our CFS morning routine.
What People are Saying About CFS: