Connecticut Friends School
Connecticut Friends School is a preschool to 8th independent day school for children ages 2 to 14 years located on 5 wooded acres in Wilton, CT. Our elementary and middle school programs feature mixed-age classrooms from Kindergarten to 8th grade. Friends Nursery School offers a drop-off program for 2 year olds plus a blended classroom for 3 and 4 year olds. The school also hosts the CFS Early Childhood and Family Center which offers classes for parents, newborns, infants and toddlers. Highlights are:
• Small class sizes and impressive student:teacher ratio at every grade level
• Emphasis on community building, peaceful conflict resolution
• Ability to customize educational plans
• Serious work in a joyous atmosphere as a result of rigorous, progressive, child centered, experiential curriculum taught by experienced teachers
• Engaged parent body: members of the CFS community are encouraged to volunteer at this small private school
• Beautiful New England campus where a classical education is offered in an idyllic, camp-like setting
• Outdoor education program fosters daily connection to nature and environmental awareness
• Outstanding academics in combination with rich art and music curriculum
• Foundation of Friends values (“Quaker SPICES”):
Simplicity Peace Integrity Community Equality Stewardship
Our developmentally appropriate, integrated, project-based curriculum, which caters to all learning styles, keeps every child engaged in the learning process.
We believe that every child should feel welcome each day with a warm handshake and smile. Our Co-Heads and Administrators greet all of our students so they feel a sense of belonging, support and safety. Watch this video to see our CFS morning routine
At CFS we believe that each child should be warmly welcomed every morning by our Co-Heads and Administrators. We want all of our students to know they are respected, have a sense of belonging, and can start their day with a warm hand shake and a smile. Watch this video and see how we start our day at CFS!
What People are Saying About CFS: