Connecticut Friends School
Connecticut Friends School is a preschool for children ages 2 to 5 years old located on 5 wooded acres in Wilton, Connecticut. We feature:
- • Engaged students in a collaborative atmosphere as a result of a child-centered, experiential and play-based curriculum taught by experienced teachers
- • Engaged parent body: members of the CFS community are encouraged to volunteer for classroom enrichment and to organize school-wide events
- • A prioritization of outdoor play on beautiful campus “amongst the trees!”
- • An emphasis on social-emotional intelligence, community building, peaceful conflict resolution, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- • A Foundation of Friends values (“Quaker SPICES”):
- Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality and Stewardship
Our ambition for the children is high as they build, in the context of community, life skills that not only help them succeed with the academic challenges to come in grade school and beyond but also with their personal efficacy as they navigate the terrain of early childhood.
*Connecticut Friends School is accredited by the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and Friends Council on Education (FCE).